“You’re never fully dressed without a smile”, is a popular line from the movie Annie. Indeed this is true, as a smile definitely looks good on everyone’s faces. It lights up the face, projects a personable attitude, conveys friendship and makes people feel good about themselves.
So what makes up a pretty smile? Leading dentist in Spring, TX, Dr. Shellie Reagan, says that what makes a smile absolutely stunning is healthy teeth. It’s that simple. Stained, discolored, misaligned and missing teeth convey an aged appearance while clean, sparkling white teeth convey youth. Dr. Reagan shares her insights on how to achieve and maintain a youthful, younger looking smile.
Practice a Good Oral Hygiene Routine
A good oral hygiene routine is the simplest, most practical approach to maintain a youthful smile. It simply involves brushing, flossing and seeing your dentist every six months. Dr. Reagan advises you to brush after meals as much as possible, or to brush at least 3 times a day. She also advises you to brush and floss before bedtime, so bacteria won’t be able to work overtime while you sleep. She says, “Brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist are simple, easy things to do. They won’t cost you much, yet you are able to maintain proper oral hygiene.”
Your trusted dentist in Spring, TX also suggests that you take advantage of dental preventive care treatments. Such as the following:
- Oral Prophylaxis – This is a thorough cleaning of the teeth.
- Sealants – These are plastic coatings that seal off plaque and bacteria.
- Fluoride Treatment – The teeth get their essential dose of fluoride, to keep them strong and healthy.
- Comprehensive Oral Exam – This is a thorough checkup of your teeth and gums, so the dentist can spot both existing and potential dental problems.
- Oral Cancer Screening – The dentist performs a test to detect oral cancer, so you can seek immediate treatment.
A good oral hygiene routine performed every day, coupled with regular dental visits leads to a healthy, beautiful smile.
Consider Visiting your Trusted Cosmetic Dentist in Spring, TX
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on creating beautiful smiles by restoring or enhancing the appearance of your teeth. The process begins with an initial consultation, so the dentist can determine the best type of treatment for your needs. A good cosmetic dentist in Spring, TX would conduct a comprehensive exam, perform a deep cleaning treatment and restorative care when necessary. He/she will then recommend the cosmetic dentistry enhancement that suits your needs best. Here are some of your options:
- KoR Whitening – This is a teeth whitening treatment that gives you gleaming white teeth in as little as an hour’s time.
- Porcelain Veneers – Ultra thin, tooth-colored shells are bonded over the teeth, to mask flaws and create a beautiful, younger-looking smile.
- Tooth Colored Fillings – The teeth are filled with natural-looking, tooth-colored dental fillings.
- Dental Implants – Missing teeth are replaced by stable, natural-looking dental implants, which are titanium screws surgically fused into the jawbone.
From chips and cracks, to gaps, misalignment and discoloration, cosmetic dentistry has treatments to address your concerns about tooth imperfections. This is one area of dentistry wherein the dentist is not just any other doctor. He becomes an artist who creatively designs your smile to perfection. Trust cosmetic dentistry to give you a youthful, fabulous-looking smile.
If you’re looking for a skilled, competent, caring dentist in Spring, TX, visit Dr. Shellie Reagan of Champions Dentistry. She is one of the best cosmetic and family dentists in the area; dedicated in providing you personalized, quality dental care. You may schedule your appointment online or give us a call at (281)401-8200.